PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Thursday 25 November 2010

Terrific Techniques Wk 2 Masquerades as a Waltzing Mouse Sketch

I had actually decided that I didn’t have time to make a card for the Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge as I still have three weeks of the My Creative Classroom exercises to complete before next Thursday (when the lessons are no longer "live"). However, I've been experimenting with my new Tim Holtz Mask which arrived yesterday &, as I was embellishing & mounting my completed exercises, I remembered a piece of lime green spotted ribbon & the Waltzing Mouse Sketch. So..... I thought a little….. & a few hours later…. after fiddling a little (with a few punches, the Cuttlebug, ribbon, pearls, inks...... OK I admit after quite a bit of fiddling, including rotating the sketch 90 degrees clockwise & thinking my way around embossing the cardstock so as to cover an area larger than would fit through the Cuttlebug in one go).

front of card

close-up of masked panel showing script stamping

close-up showing dry embossing &
 pearl embellishment

inside of card showing paper piercing
of scalloped rectangle
(click on image to enlarge)


Recipe
Stamp Crafty Individuals CI-017 (script).
Inks etc… Distress Inks (Worn Lipstick & Chipped Sapphire) for masked script panel; VersaMagic (Key Lime & Pretty Petunia) for inking various cardstock edges.
Cardstock An assortment of white, lilac, pink & green in various textures & finishes from “stash”.
Punches, Dies etc… Woodware (Oval & Scalloped Oval, Scalloped Rectangle), Cuttlebug Embossing Folder (Floral Fantasy). Tim Holtz Ideology Mini Mask (Floret)
Pearls Papermania.
The ribbon & eyelet are from “stash”.

Challenge Entered
Waltzing Mouse Sketch Challenge 24 - WMSC24 (see above)


And finally my other completed exercise for the second week of Terrific Techniques

Layered Colouring Masking
Stamp: Crafty Individuals
Inks: Distress Inks (Broken China, Chipped Sapphire, Faded Jeans, Tumbled Glass)

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

oh so beautiful i love them and the script stamp is lush you will have to let me know where you got that one.I am loving your technique work and i really hope you win the waltzing mouse challenge-oh by the way the set i chose was one that fitted with the nesties labels 2 which i already have so i don't need to go buy the dies to match woohoo.
The green ribbon looks great as it really stands out xx

Annie said...

fabulous projects Paula - I especially love all the shades of blue you have used to give the subtle shading on the script card - very elegant!
hugs, annie x

Julia Aston said...

Wow - so many lovely techniques on your card! thanks for using the WMS Sketch with them!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

WOW, these are just fantastic Paula. Love the blue script card (the last one) that is just STUNNING!!! How did you DO that?!?! BEAUTIFUL!!!