PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 5 November 2010

A Waltzing Angel With a Hand & My Two Men

whole of tag

front & back views of tag

ribbons plaited into cord

close-up to show glittered stars of angel's skirt 
(click on image to enlarge)

Encouraged by a blogging friend Deborah & my husband I am entering this Christmas Tag for the Waltzingmouse Makes "TAG- You're it!! Challenge!!". I've been a Follower of Deborah's since we both started the MCC Stamping classes & have been intrigued by the stamps she uses. I neither recognized the Stamp company nor the images but was struck by their versatility. There is a very generous prize of £100 spend on Waltzingmouse stamps for the winner, plus another £25 if a Waltzingmouse stamp has been used. Since I don't own any of these yet & a free digi download isn't possible (my current lack of printer) I resorted to using one of the stamps from my "Unused Seasonal Box". Although I've not completed the first set of MCC classes homework I'd seen the course material for the first week of the second set & knew that I could use my future Brayered Embossed Resist "homework" project as the basis for the Waltzingmouse tag. The cord was made by plaiting 3 strands of ribbon.

Recipe
Stamp Woodware (GRW01 Christmas Angel).
Inks etc... VersaMark watermark stamp pad & Stewart Gill Ultrafine Embossing Powder, Kaleidacolor Rainbow Inkpad (Berry Blaze), Dusty Concord Distress Ink for inking cardstock edges.
Colouring Stickles Glitter Glue (Purple).
Cardstock An assortment of violet cardstock in various finishes from "stash".
Dies Spellbinders Nestabilities (Labels Seventeen).
The gems & ribbon were from "stash".

Challenge Entered
Waltzingmouse Makes - TAG- You're it!! Challenge!!

En route to a secondhand bookshop in Abergavenny we stumbled upon an Artists' Supplies shop where we found two men & a hand to help me with seeing how light is reflected onto an image or object when colouring. Richard found some history & architecture books for himself too.


6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Paula i love this tag i love how the colours blend into each other so perfectly you will have to teach me this technique it looks awesome and i have not heard of those stamps either i will have to go take a little peek and get some tags made lol xx

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful colors and image on your lovely tag Paula! good luck with Claire's contest! I have one of the little men that I picked up at an art supply store one day - never thought to use it to see how light plays on a subject! great idea! thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Paula - this is a beautiful tag. I love the colours you've used - I feel it might be a technique I recognise!! I really like the way you've made a ribbon plait cord - much neater than mine!! Paula - it's fab!

Annie said...

your tag is just gorgeous Paula! I love the graduated colours on the main image, and the plaited ribbons tie all the colours together. great finds at the art shop too!
enjoy your weekend.
hugs, annie x

Elaine said...

I love your tag Paula!
The colours are beautiful and blend so seemlessly together. Fab use of ribbons, to plait them.
It looks like your having lots of fun with the MCC, and that's what crafting is all about. Having lots of fun and creating something beautiful. I'm enjoying seeing all your different makes and also all the new techniques you've been trying.

Have a great weekend.
Love Elaine xx

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Beautiful tag Paula, I LOVE those ribbon's plaited together and the colors you used. So pretty!!