PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Monday 23 May 2011

Hostessing a Stampin' Up Workshop

This is the first time I have experienced a Workshop like this & I am utterly impressed at the way it was presented & run. I initially made contact with Hayley (see her blog All Things Pink and Fluffy at the Chepstow Artstamps Exhibition where she had a stand with a "Make & Take." My friends were new to Stampin' Up products & I knew them only by reputation so it was great actually to handle the products there. We were all keen to explore further so I booked a Workshop for us & asked another couple of local crafting friends (also new to Stampin' Up) along too - we were 6 in total last Saturday. 

Neither I nor the others really knew what to expect & so it was with amazement that we discovered that Hayley provided all the products to use in order for us to make two different projects (for these plus photographs from Saturday see here & here).  The fact that we all sat & used the products & made what Hayley showed us meant that we could all make reasoned & informed decisions about any purchases. It was a lovely relaxed atmosphere.

Hayley took some photos of us crafting (see above for link) & below are some photos from my ktichen preparations beforehand.


9 comments:

Wiccababe said...

sounds like you had a great time Paula - I've never been to a SU demo/party, don't have enough local crafty friends
and I love your kitchen!
Debz
x

Unknown said...

that looks so fun!...like a nice girl's afternoon:) i like crafting with other people. makes for a nice day!

xoxo

Sandra said...

Hi Paula. Looks such fun! Let me know if you have another meeting and can squeeze me in! (Thanks to Mr Blogger's hiccup last week I can know leave comments - hurrah!)
Sandra

Pink Dandelion said...

Sounds like you had a good time, your cakes look so yummy. Debs xx

Elaine said...

I knew you'd enjoy it Paula. The stamps are fabby but also the company of other like minded people makes for a great day.
Like Debbi, I don't have any crafty friends so I've never been to a demo day either.
Very glad to hear you enjoyed the whole experience and I'm sure you bought some new SU stamps??

Love Elaine xx

PCM said...

Oh, I am so glad to see you have made the jump into 'my' world! :) I LOVE Stampin' Up! as you know and they have so many creative ideas. I need to find people to book workshops with me so that I can show them their creative side! :)

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Hi Paula thanks for your lovely comments on my blog,

just to let you know the prize on my blog is for the blog hop and you do not have to join in the Allsorts challenge this week to be eligible to win on the hop it has a separate prize,

Good luck

Emma (Allsorts)

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Oh what lovely tea and treats you prepared. I'm glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

xxxtglxxx said...

Ooh Paula! :) looks scrummy - I could just do with a coffee and a bun.

Great pics, clicked to see the links, and it looks like it was an excellent session.

I only saw and got my hands on some SU products a few weeks ago (from a very generous blogging buddy abroad) and I was very impressed with them. I mean very! :)

Glad you got to spend a bit of girly time and crafting with friends, always good to share hints and tips.

hugs

xxalisonxx