PEP tangles - my Zentangle Inspired Art blog

Friday 20 January 2012

Aged Autumn Alphatag AGAIN!

My apologies to those of you who have already seen this & commented on it - I accidentally deleted my A Alphatag post whilst uploading B.

My aim with registering to participate in the Baroque Guild Alphatag Swap during this year is to consolidate the various stamping & colouring techniques that I have learnt & to use my large collection of Chocolate Baroque (formerly Elusive Images) stamps. The idea is to produce 2 or 3 tags each month progressing so that we have completed the alphabet by the end of the year. The one stipulation for each tag, apart from basing a theme of our choice on the specified letter of the alphabet, is mostly to use items produced by or available from Chocolate Baroque.

Often learning by trial & error I can take several days to finish a project - several weeks when I then delete my blog post! I had all but completed this tag when I burnt it trying to heat emboss the tag edges to fix my skeleton leaves in place. Using Glossy Accents was visible to the eye but smearing Stickles Glitter Glue over the leaves solved that & I trimmed the edges of the leaves to the edge of the tag using non-stick sharp scissors.

I often associate 'autumn of life' with ageing & so 'Aged Autumn' seemed to me a fitting title for my project as well as using the two aptly named Antique Linen & Vintage Photo Distress Inks.

front of tag 
close-up showing stamped & inked edges plus
punched leaf embellishment
angled view to show sparkle of glittered
leaves plus dimensional texture of
 heat embossed tree 
close-up showing detail of skeleton leaves &
pile of 'fallen' leaves at trunk's base 
back of tag
close-up showing tone on tone stamping & paper
pierced scallops of theme panel

Recipe
Stamps Chocolate Baroque UA5SP0252 Tall Trees & UDLSP0305 Nature's Peace.
Inks VersaMark watermark stamp pad with Stampendous Penny Copper Embossing Powder; Antique Linen, Vintage Photo & Wild Honey Distress Inks; Staedtler Triplus Fineliner.
Colouring Cinnamon Stickles Glitter Glue.
Cardstock An assortment of white & browns from stash.
Die Sizzix Movers & Shapers L Die - Tag & Bookplates.
Punches Woodware (scalloped squares & small leaves).
The skeleton leaves, gems & ribbon are from stash.

In my deleted post I'd mentioned that I am staying with Google's Blogger for my blogging platform as it proved the most versatile of those I tried. Also, the results of my Blog Following Preferences Poll (3 opting for Google Friend Connect, 13 Blogger's Follow Button & no one for Twitter, email or RSS) confirms my choice.

10 comments:

brenda said...

Never apologise for repeating such a lovely piece Paula.

The use of the skeleton leaves is so effective and Autumnal colours never fail to please, I am sure I would happily work with then an a daily basis.

Have a good weekend, but hopefully without the dreadful rain we have these last two days.

B x

Annie said...

wow what a beauty! I love the warm autumnal shades Paula, and the sparkle of course! aged autumn best describes me at the moment, I need spring in more ways than one!
enjoy your weekend.
love and hugs, annie x

GinaA said...

It's such a shame you had to do the blog all over again but it is well worth it, it's fabulous tag. I especially like the way the leaves have collected.

Pink Dandelion said...

Beautiful tag Paula, love the autumnal colours, the embossing and the glittered skeleton leaves. Debs xx

Cathy A said...

Paula ths tag is a work of art, I love how the small leaves frame the tree and the skelaton leaves ground it. beautiful sense of autumn.

Emma Digennaro said...

Hi Paula, oh dear, the setting fire to your tag is not a good idea! lol we have all done it at some point (or several )Your tags are simply beautiful and really capture the theme. I have never thought to use the leaves in the way you have, it has been lovely to have time to come over here and say hello. I hope you are well and enjoying the weekend : )
emma x

Heather said...

Hi Paula, I'm actually doing some commenting catching up. I do keep my eye on you but not managing much commenting.
I especially love the recent tags, the ones are 'grey and peachy one - I absolutely adore it, it is stunning!!!
There is a Christmas Card with you in England - well - what can I say - disaster struck again!!!! Next time ???????
love and hugs
Heather xxx

Wiccababe said...

ooo this is pretty, looks like I've missed quite a bit
love all the attention to detail Paula
Debz
x

Elaine said...

Hi Paula,

This is fabulous!
Although at first glance it looks quite a simple tag, it's only when I look closer I can see how intricate it is, and how many techniques you used. I love the fall colours, and the embossed tree is perfect.
A fabulous showcase of your talents.

Love Elaine xx

xxxtglxxx said...

There are some really delicate details on this Paula :) Lovely use and balance of skeleton leaves, great image and background leaves too.

What a frustration deleting the other post!

Hope you have a great weekend hun,

hugs

xxalisonxx